Friday, September 4, 2009

Know your enemy, assume the position, stand your ground

Let's role-play for a second here:

You are, let's say, one of the country's brightest new young architects. By age 30, you've already designed 2 of the 10 tallest buildings in North America, your salary has more 0's than the word "salary" written in binary code yet you still drive a 2001 Toyota Corolla because you're "not that kind of person". You rock, young brave architect!
I'm your client. I powertrip and ask worthless questions about things I don't really know (or care) about just so I can justify my job to my boss. That's until he realizes that I'm just a useless link in the counter-productivity chain and dissolves my useless position within my Fortune 500 company. Boo me!

Friday morning I call you and ask you if you can make me a bagel and coffee the next morning.

All this to say: do I look like a freggin Bagel boy? I'll stick to making awesome buildings.

Thank god for coffee and TGI fucking F.

No comments:

Post a Comment